It is said that marriages are made in heaven and celebrated on earth. This is because it is a special bond shared between two people, who tie the wedding knot after promising to be companions for a lifetime. It is the physical, mental and spiritual unison of two souls.
The key to a successful marriage is love, understanding, mutual respect, trust, commitment and togetherness.
Have you ever tried defining the relationship between love and marriage? If yes, then you would have realised that both are synonymous to each other. Love is a dream and marriage is just an extension of this dream to reality. When both dream and reality come together, it is the best thing that can happen to a person. This feeling of love is inexplicable – best defined as a feeling of bliss and ecstasy.
Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, and is most likely a day you’ve spent hours, days or even years dreaming about. When the time finally comes to start planning the big day, you don’t want to cut corners or settle for a run-of-the-mill, impersonal event. With the help of The Chantecler Hotel, you can be sure your wedding day will be one that will be remembered by all.
Make it an enjoyable experience with the help of professionals – we can provide you with a list of recommended service providers for all aspects of your wedding. Why buy all your wedding supplies when you are only going to use them once? Why bother paying for their storage and upkeep after the big day is over? Simplify your wedding and your budget by using the services of a rental company for all your décor requirements.
It will also ensure that the wedding you always envisioned is the one you will remember for years to come. From the latest trends and themes to innovative budget saving strategies, service providers know the ins and outs of planning a wedding.
The Chapel (120 guests)
Our beautiful stone and thatch chapel, nestled between towering pine trees, can accommodate 120 guests. The quaint
stonework of the bridge leading to the Chapel provides unique photo opportunities.
The Chapel hire is included in our Bridal Package AT NO EXTRA COST.
The Pavilion (120 – 150 guests)
This is a country-style thatch and stone venue, which overlooks an expansive garden terrace and Koi pond. This venue can accommodate a maximum of 120 guests (round tables of 10), incorporating a dance area and buffet setting. On special request and at the discretion of management, 150 may be accommodated; however there will be no dance floor and extra tables (either 3 round or 24 long), chairs & all linen will need to be hired as well as all extra cutlery and crockery at your cost. You may also be charged for additional staff required.
The Madwala Room (20 – 40 guests)
A private air-conditioned room with sliding doors which open onto a paved terrace overlooking the gardens is ideal for smaller functions. This venue can accommodate a maximum of 40 – 45 guests (depending on table layout). It has its own area that can accommodate a satellite bar and separate room that may be used to serve the buffet. A spit braai may also be an option on the terrace area.
The Bridal Package
We have compiled a Wedding package to make things a little easier for you. We look forward to the opportunity to show you our beautiful wedding venues, chapel and grounds. Please feel free to make an appointment to meet with our Function Co-ordinators. You can contact them on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 031 765 2613.
It is our aim to ensure that your Wedding Day is an unforgettable experience.
Venue Hire: Pavilion: inclusive of:
-Draping of the Windows and Backdrop to the Bridal Table
-Draping of ceiling with 8 strips
-Bridal Table with table cloth
-Cake table & table cloth
-Easel (for seating plan) – draped
-Tables, Chairs, Tablecloths & Chair Covers, white linen, napkins, cutlery, crockery & glassware.
-Honeymoon Suite + BOTTLE OF SPARKLING WINE
EXCLUSIVE OF SPORTS BAR AND LADIES BAR (PLEASE ENQUIRE ABOUT COST OF HIRING SPORTS BAR EXCLUSIVELY) BAR TABS: Attending guest numbers fewer than 70 people will require a R5000.00 bar tab. Attending guest numbers over 70 people will require a R10 000.00 bat tab.
We at the Chantecler understand how important your dinner is for your special day. Everyone has their own tastes and budgets so we have compiled a list of individually priced menu items so that you are able to design your own buffet menu accordingly.
Please note that the prices listed below are for a minimum of 50 people, and are charged accordingly.
We are always available to discuss your variations and assist if necessary. Most Vegetables are seasonal – which may affect the price of your menu as well. We cannot guarantee availability of items. Please check with us and we will gladly assist with what would be the best options for your special day.
Menu A – Please select 1 Starter, 1 Hot Buffet, 1 Roast, 2 Vegetables, Rice with gravy, 1 Dessert
Menu B – Please select 1 Starter, 2 Salads, 2 Hot Buffet, 1 Roast, 2 Vegetables, 2 Starches, 2 Desserts
Menu C – Please select 2 Starter, 2 Salads, 2 Hot Buffet, 2 Roast, 3 Vegetables, 3 Starches, 2 Desserts
Menu D – Please select 3 Starter, 3 Salads, 3 Hot Buffet, 3 Roast, 3 Vegetables, 3 Starches, 3 Desserts
While you are having your photo’s taken in our stunning gardens, offer your guests something to drink and eat while they wait:
Sparkling Wine (with or without OJ)
Canapés (please choose 4 from the below list)
- Quiche Lorraine
- Quiche Spinach & Feta
- Bruschetta with various toppings
- Savoury Cocktail Croissants
- Pumpkin Fritters
- Ham Canapé’
- Rare Roast Beef Canapé’
- Salmon & Cottage Cheese Canape’
- Smoked Chicken Canapé’
- Meat Balls with sweet chilli sauce
- Mini Rare Roast Beef & Mustard Rolls
- Chilli Bites
- Spring Rolls
- Chicken and Vegetable Terrine
- Parma Ham and Sweet Melon with Spiced Chutney and Sultanas (*)
- Spicy Chicken Breast, Pineapple, Fresh Coriander, Summer Greens, Curried Chilli Mayonnaise
- Smoked Salmon, Summer Greens, Herbs, Roast Tomatoes, Grilled Haloumi, Dill Sour Cream
- Caprese Salad, Tomatoes, Mozzarella, and Basil Pesto
- Aubergine Cream Cheese Terrine
- Smoked Chicken Pepper dew Salad
- Chicken Liver Pate served with Melba Toast
- Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Classic Minestrone Soup with Basil and Parmesan Cheese
- Curried Butternut Soup with Garlic and Herb Croutons and Crème Fraîche
- Chicken and Mushroom Pancake with Cheese Cream Sauce
- Three Bean
- Beetroot and Onion
- Honey Roasted Butternut Cashew Salad
- Creamy Potato Salad
- Raisin Coleslaw
- Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Salad
- Barley Lentil Chicken Salad
- Spicy beef Pasta Salad
- Marinated Mushrooms
- Carrot and Pineapple
- Roast Sirloin of Beef with Roast Gravy, Mustards and Horseradish
- Rosemary Infused Roast Leg of Lamb with Lemon, Roast Gravy and Mint Jelly
- Spinach and Feta Roast Chicken Roulade with Mushroom and Tarragon Sauce
- Roast Turkey Roll with Sage and Onion Stuffing and Cranberry Sauce
- Honey Glazed Gammon with Port Wine Sauce
- Roast Loin of Pork with Apple Sauce
- Traditional Bobotie
- Chicken a La King
- Roast Barbecue Chicken Pieces
- Beef, Chicken or Vegetable Lasagne
- Chicken Supreme with Lemon, Black Pepper, Honey and Thyme
- Beef Stroganoff
- Grilled Line fish Steaks with Capers, Garden Herbs and Lemon Butter
- Chicken/ Lamb/ Beef or Vegetable Curry with Sambals
- Pepper Steak Pie/Curry Lamb Pie/Creamy Chicken Mushroom Pie
- Stuffed Chicken Breast with Spinash and Feta served with Cream Cheese Sauce
- Glazed Carrot Batons
- Cauliflower and Broccoli Cheese
- Creamed Spinach with Mushrooms and Feta
- Green Beans with Crispy Bacon and Caramelised Onions
- Caramelised Cinnamon Infused Butternut with Pecan Nuts
- Selection of Seasonal Garden Vegetables
- Oven Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables
- Black Mushrooms with Garlic and Herbs
- Butternut Creamed Spinach Bake
- Roast Potatoes
- Parisienne Potatoes
- Potato and Cheese Bake
- Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Mashed Potatoes with Garlic
- Baby Potatoes with Chives and Black Pepper
- Savoury Rice
- Basmati Rice with Cinnamon and Star Anise
- Yellow Rice with Raisins
- Brown Onion Potato Bake
- Brown Rice
- Citrus Trifle
- Milk Tart
- Carrot Cake
- Black Forest Gateau
- Chocolate Brownies
- Pecan Nut Pie
- Selection of Cheesecake
- Fresh Fruit Pavlova
- Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce
- Fresh Fruit Salad with Ice Cream
- Peppermint Crisp
- Lemon Meringue
- Chocolate Mousse (dark, white or top deck)
- Malva Pudding
- Cape Brandy Pudding
- Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Bread and Butter Pudding
- Rich Chocolate Pudding
- Apple Tart
All hot puddings are served with your choice of Custard or Fresh Cream
- Assorted Cocktail Rolls and Butter
- Freshly Brewed Filter Coffee with a Selection of Teas.
TO SECURE VENUE & DATE
A provisional booking may be made and will be held for 14 days; however in order to secure your booking we require a non-refundable deposit, which is offset against your final invoice. Please ensure once your deposit has been made that
your signed Booking contract, Terms & Conditions together with Proof of Deposit is emailed to email@example.com.
The deposit will secure the Date and the Venue for your Wedding.
Please supply final numbers a minimum of 14 days prior to the wedding, at this time the outstanding balance will be recalculated and settlement of this will be required at this time. A final meeting 21 days before the wedding would be to your advantage so we can make final decisions on menus, set-up and all other details. Once final numbers are confirmed no refunds will be given. Failure to comply will result in the cancellation of your function.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FOLLOWING CANCELLATION OR POSTPONEMENT FEES ARE APPLICABLE.
4 months prior to the wedding 50% of the estimated total cost
4 months – 2 months 75% of the estimated total cost
1 month or less 100% of the estimated total cost
Our venue is available until 24h00; thereafter guests are invited to move across to the Sports Bar to continue their celebrations.
Please note there will be an a per hour charge for every hour after 24h00 that the sports bar is in use and a charge per barman. This must be paid to the manager on the night either by cash or card. The bar will only remain open until 2am.
A 10% GENERAL SERVICE FEE WILL BE LEVIED.
The Chantecler Hotel is fully licensed and has a variety of wines for you to choose from. Please feel free to discuss your requirements with our experienced staff.
All Bar Tabs are to be paid in full prior to the conclusion of your Wedding.
All alcohol must be purchased through the hotel. No alcohol will be allowed on property without authority from your Co-ordinator. Only food and beverages purchased through the hotel may be consumed on the grounds. Anyone found in possession of beverages or alcohol not bought from the hotel will be charged corkage and all beverages/alcohol will be confiscated or on non-adherence the guilty parties will be requested to leave the Hotel Property.
Children MUST be properly supervised. Children attending the reception will be charged half price.